Experienced Full-Stack Python Web Service and Application Developer
Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense is a human-driven, technology-assisted managed security service provider (MSSP). Our security portfolio includes behavioral-based endpoint detection and response (EDR)/managed detection and response (MDR) with 24/7 security operations center (SOC) support; security information and event management (SIEM) deployment, management, and monitoring; and 24/7 intelligence services that monitor both Clearnet and Darknet. Join a growth-oriented team that values its employees, is well-positioned as a disruptor within the thriving cybersecurity industry and offers great opportunities for career advancement.
We are looking for an Experienced Full-Stack Python Developer to maintain and improve existing software and deployment solutions for internal support of our MDR Product.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive as a team when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedules.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. Paired with a passion for quality and a desire to learn, you may be a great candidate for this position.
- For several internal Python Web Services and Applications:
– Development Lifecycle
- Developer Mentorship
- A proven background in software development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation for internal use.
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- The ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
- The ability to work with/in a distributed team.
- Experience with an agile development process.
- Experience with Python to the level of an Expert.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining web applications.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining databases for web applications.
- Experience working with and maintaining web application servers at the operating system level.
- Understanding of how the use of solid design principles relate to data integrity.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies like Docker, Ansible, and Vagrant.
- An understanding of the technology beneath the web.
- Experience with git.