Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
The National Channel Sales Manager will be responsible for the strategy, direction and leadership of Binary Defense’s Region’s Channel partnerships and programs. This role will be responsible for developing, driving and implementing the overall channel strategy to accelerate Binary Defense growth through strategic partnerships with Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators. Reporting to the Vice President of Worldwide Channel Sales.
The role will be driving alignment and collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Solutions Engineering and partner training/enablement teams to build pipeline, achieve revenue goals and partner recruitment activities. The NCSM will build a compelling business strategy, fueled by a market driven innovation agenda which highly optimizes Partner relationships, resulting in measurable business growth.
- Drive current GTM relationships, plus develop and implement the overall GTM Channel strategy for the field in the assigned region of the United States
- Lead and build a team to execute and manage strategic sales programs with key US Technology Partners.
- In this role collaborating and partnering is essential across Binary Defense to create and drive overall Channel programs, including assisting with program definitions, oversight, pricing, and channel resources
- Collaborate with sales leaders and teams to provide partner opportunities that add value to our current customers, identify incremental customer opportunism and assist in current sales pursuits where directed by the customer or Binary Defense sales teams.
- Engage with Partners, establish monthly/quarterly business reviews to achieve the mutual objectives established
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers or influencers who can drive growth of partnership opportunities
- Engage with the key Systems Integrators and get immersed in their programs and their pursuit of business solutions in those larger programs.
- Manage the business plans for each of the category partnerships and executive partner business reviews
- Manage and develop programs to maximize sales revenue and touch and influence revenue from across all Binary Defense channel routes to market.
- Deliver and grow revenue based on our partnerships
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and performance metrics in line with corporate objectives.
- Help develop the programs required to execute the mutual plans
- Be the “Voice of the Partner”, providing feedback into the company
- Other duties as assigned by direct manager
- Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive channel sales strategy in a high growth, company with a comprehensive go to market ecosystem.
- Ability to describe the value proposition and competitive landscape of Binary Defense, to our partners, and customers.
- Proven record of working with executives to translate product and strategic roadmaps into action
- Significant experience directly with accounts/partners in the Western region.
- Deep understanding of Partner’s business, strategy, operations, technology and goals
- Competency in contract negotiation from the high-level goals to the last detail.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources to deliver results that exceed expectations.
- Strong network of industry relationships with potential partners, competitors, customers and thought leaders
- Strategic thinker with technical background or related experience who can blend technology and business strategy to develop compelling plans for joint solutions
- Demonstrated record of delivering quality results with supporting metrics
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- A minimum of 15+ years of related experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years managing a team of Channel or sales professionals
- Demonstrated success and experience as a people manager leading teams towards a common vision/strategy
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in cyber security
- Experience with large distribution partners