Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a Top 10 Software Development organization in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense has an open position for a Sr. Security Engineer in our Client Services and Support division. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the architecture, deployment, configuration, and management of separate Azure Sentinel instances for our clients as well as the responsibility of security use-case development and alert configuration within Azure.
Sr. Security Engineers work closely with our clients as well as our SOC analysts to ensure systems and alerts are properly configured and understood appropriately for accurate alert escalation. Candidates must demonstrate intuitive problem solving skills, have proficient information security knowledge, as well as a strong broad technical background.
- Architecting, administrating, and maintaining Azure Sentinel instances for clients as well as internal instances.
- Develop security use-cases and provide tuning of Azure Sentinel to ensure proper alerting of security threats.
- Collaborate with various technical departments like our Threat Hunting and Development team as well as various security researchers to enhance threat detections of our deployed SIEMs
- Be a subject matter expert on Azure Sentinel for our Sales and Marketing Departments as well as for our clients.
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call schedule
- Provide training to our SOC as well as other technical departments relating to Azure Sentinel
Qualifications, Education, and Core Competencies Requirements:
- Hands on experience in managing, configuring, and deploying Azure Sentinel in a professional environment.
- Strong and demonstratable knowledge in various areas of information security and their best practices. Current working knowledge of threats and how to detect them would be ideal.
- Solid foundation of IT knowledge and familiarity with system administration of Windows and various networking technologies.
- Experience with Query Languages preferably KQL
- Solid experience with PowerShell, and other scripting languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills