Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help expand the capabilities of our Binary Defense MDR Server product. You will lead the effort in monitoring architecture, future-proofing existing implementations, performance analysis, and infrastructure automation. You will be a Subject Matter Expert in evaluating performance and risk of outgoing software features. You will be responsible for operating, monitoring, and scaling production services. The team will count on you to smooth out the delivery life-cycle, through automation and feature toggles.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive as a team when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedules.
What you will own
- Involvement in development life-cycle around deployment, delivery, configuration, scaling, and performance
- Creating architecture and management over metrics gathering, alerting, and reporting
- Debug production issues
- On-call rotation with other development team members
- Improve deployment and delivery practices
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- The ability to work as a member of a distributed team, as more than half the team is remote
- Experience with:
– AWS Solution architecture and management. Including:
– Infrastructure as code
- Administration and Scaling of the following:
– Dotnet core
- Secret management
- Management of Messaging Queues
- Feature toggles
What will you get:
- A Remote-Friendly workplace
- Flexibility in hours and tasking
- Reasonable compensation
- Health Benefits