About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to join the Binary Defense team. This candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker, successful tactical executor, and ready to join a dynamic team.
This person will contribute to the Binary Defense team across all marketing functions including public relations, branding, message development, events/trade shows, digital efforts and more. The role provides an opportunity to collaborate with several divisions and products under the Binary Defense umbrella.
The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing background and can easily provide leadership on PR/communication strategies, but also broader strategic marketing and culture initiatives. Ideal candidates have a passion for digital marketing and understand the software as a service industry. They can creatively position products and services for go-to-market plans, provide direction across branding and paid media, and navigate a complex ecosystem of solutions and services. At the same time, they aren’t afraid to dive in and do the tactical work required for team success.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for understanding the market – the opportunities, the demands, the channels, competitive landscape and the buyers. In addition, they will work with the marketing team on positioning, messaging, marketing, placing and promoting a compelling story about Binary Defense and our customers.
The Director of Marketing will work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders including Sales and Operations to ensure market success. This person will own all activities associated with marketing for Binary Defense.
Essential Job Functions
- Create positioning and compelling messaging that differentiates Binary Defense and business service offerings to partners, channels, alliances, prospects and the market
- Develop campaign positioning and messaging for products, services, and asset types that differentiates in the marketplace
- Drive timely creation and evolution of sales collateral and marketing presentation materials to support integrated marketing campaigns
- Negotiates, manages and/or implements budgets and contracts with external vendors
- Develop and articulate an understanding of the competitive landscape & share knowledge and insights with management and sales team
- Develop and maintain customer-facing, partner-facing, and internal-only sales tools and associated collateral, as well as other sales- and market-enablement assets that reflect an understanding of the channel, selling processes, partner, and customer lifecycles
- Maintain ownership and management of content marketing, website content, media coverage, and speaking opportunities with a focus on conversion strategy and tactics
- Provide sales, event, and partner/channel/alliance support
- Serve as a thought leader within the company with respect to trends in digital marketing and technology
- Maintain ownership and management of integrated campaign execution created from client case studies and success stories and the measurement of element contribution using marketing campaign monitoring methodologies
- Develop and execute thought leadership content for PR and social media promotional efforts
- Conduct primary and/or secondary market research, as needed
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports of key metrics defined by sales and marketing
- Develop show/event strategies, reflective of sales and marketing goals. Enhance tradeshow properties, updating with new technologies and innovation.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Thorough understanding of Salesforce CRM, Hubspot CRM, Marketing Automation, and modern marketing technologies
- Understands how to develop detailed strategic marketing plans and tactical action plans
- Understands effective marketing methods and channels to communicate and promote internally and externally
- Understands awareness and demand generation report analytics and strategy/tactic adjustments
- Provides SEO/SEM/PPC and digital marketing thought leadership, innovation and process improvement initiatives
- Planning of trade shows and exhibitions, attendee management, budgets, logistics and other components required for trade shows.
- Work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, customer stories and corporate feature articles.
- Identify and capture speaking opportunities at key industry events and develop coverage to maximize opportunities. Organizes, develops, pitches and secures strategic media interviews and visits, either independently or in partnership with PR Agency.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience marketing, ideally in the B2B space
- 5+ years of senior marketing roles and experience
- Industry experience in cybersecurity/technology services
- Ability to think strategically about product and service differentiation, pricing models, and competitive pressures
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively present and sell information both internally and externally
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Go-getter, self-motivated individual who can drive quality results in a short timeframe
- Experience leading teams and motivating others to achieve a common goal
Location: Stow, OH
Position type: Full-time
Become Part of the Team