Binary Defense is a managed security service provider (MSSP) with many different avenues towards our business model.
Binary Defense Systems (BDS) has an open position for a Security Engineer in our Implementation Division. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to SIEM & Logging architecture, administration, and engineering, Linux administration, as well as general system and application troubleshooting.
Security Engineers work closely with our clients as well as our security operations center analysts. Candidates must demonstrate intuitive problem solving skills, have proficient communication skills, as well as a strong technical background.
Knowledge, Responsibilities, and Core Competencies
- SPLUNK Architecture, administration, and maintenance
- Splunk tuning and use case development
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call schedule
- Work as technical reference for sales team
- Assist SOC with training for monitoring of customer’s Splunk instances
- Assist with other various Implementation division tasks
Education and Experience
- SIEM technologies: 2-6 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing Splunk
- Solid foundation of it knowledge and familiarity with system administration of either linux / unix, windows and networking technologies
- Operating System: A strong Linux background is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills