Binary Defense is a managed security service provider (MSSP) growing in multiple avenues. Whether we’re innovating to improve security operations or helping a business expand its ability to defend itself, people at Binary Defense are helpers at heart. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people to achieve their goals.
We have an open position for a Sales/Solutions Engineer. Responsibilities will include supporting the sales team and partners with SIEM & logging architecture, end-point detection and response (EDR), and threat intelligence (TI) services in a fully managed Security Operations Center. Solutions Engineers work closely with both our clients and sales team, as well as various members of our SOC and TI staff.
This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about assisting companies build operational security programs.
Knowledge, Responsibilities, and Core Competencies
- Drive pre-sales calls on prospective clients, participate in regional seminars and global webinars, and act as the technical manager for clients and channel partners.
- Be the focal point for customer evaluations, proof of concepts, demos and to stay abreast of current industry technology, trends, and competition.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work well with multiple groups and be creative in obtaining information and solving problems.
- Work in tandem with the Regional Directors in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFIs/RFPs.
- Detailed knowledge of SOCs, SIEMs, Threat Intelligence and Endpoint Protection offerings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to talk about technical subjects and deliver technical presentation to a wide array of audiences with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to translate security terms and knowledge to inexperienced customers and VAR’s.
- A desire to learn new technologies and enjoy doing “hands-on” work with the Binary Defense Vision EDR solution and interacting with the SOC teams.
- Assist with pricing discussions and developing Statements of Work.
- The SE must possess various personal traits like excellent inter-personal skills, high energy, flexible, self-motivated, trustworthy, friendly and dependable, and has excellent follow through skills.