Binary Defense is a human-driven technology-assisted MSSP and an exciting place to work. Security portfolio includes behavioral-based EDR/MDR with 24/7 SOC support; SIEM deployment, management, and monitoring; and 24/7 intelligence services that monitor both Clearnet and Darknet. Join a growth-oriented team that values its employees, is well-positioned as a disruptor within the thriving cybersecurity industry, and offers great opportunities for career advancement.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to help build Vision, our flagship endpoint protection platform. You will collaborate with designers and engineers focused on backend and kernel development to deliver responsive, accessible, performant, and easy-to-use interfaces. This position will be great for someone enthusiastic about web design best practices, especially one who is excited to help level up the team as a whole. The team will depend on your experience to help guide design decisions for both product features and code architecture. You won’t be handed a list of requirements, you’ll actively be involved in designing product direction.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive as a team when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedules.
What you’ll need to be successful
- An eye for code maintainability, including test coverage
- Comfort using Bootstrap or Foundation but expertise in building beyond frameworks
- The tenacity to build within existing design standards but the curiosity and voracity to help evolve the team and our output
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially through digital mediums like Slack and source code management tools
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry is not necessary, but curiosity for how to make the world a safer place for business and technology will be helpful
- A penchant for lifelong learning
Things we use at Binary Defense
- Bootstrap, including jQuery and SASS customization
- Templating engines on many projects
- React on others
- GitLab for source code management, so strong experience with Git will come in handy