Binary Defense Systems (BDS) is a managed security service provider (MSSP) with many different avenues towards our business model. Vision is endpoint software that provides visibility into indicators of compromise and preventing large-scale breaches within organizations. This position would be working with the BDS development team and focusing on contributing to the Vision software platform.
The main responsibilities would be to work with the web server team on releases and enhancements to the software. The server is mostly F# with many different glue languages and logic.
Knowledge, Responsibilities, and Core Competencies
- F# is the primary language of development on the server. Workflow knowledge of git required. Experience with .Net, Mono, or.Net core. Linux experience is beneficial.
- Secure software development is a must and an understanding of fundamental security principles.
- Experience working with Agile and Test Driven Development within the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Prior code samples and samples of previously coded applications and/or tools developed in the past (GitHub or other relevant coding examples).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of three years of experience in web, object oriented, or functional programming languages.
- Ability to work with others including peer code review and focusing on project deadlines and goals.
- Fundamental understanding of networking such as TCP/IP and general encrypted communication experience (TLS/HTTPS).
- Ensure high quality of code using pair programming approaches.
- Ability to work confidently and passionately until the desired outcome is achieved.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor in software engineering or computer science or relevant experience.
- Experience developing Web Apps and programming with object-oriented or functional languages.