The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) has an ability to grasp and present our product’s value propositions in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. The PMM is a teacher and can take complex technical feature sets and explain them using benefit-oriented messaging to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge. The PMM is responsible for driving product launches, market research, competitive analysis, target market analysis, outbound messaging, differentiation, sales training and tools, demand generation and thought leadership communications. The position requires a person who can take ownership, is deadline oriented, highly responsive, and is able to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment. He or she will closely collaborate with the Product Management and Segment Marketing teams to bridge the gap between the product roadmap and marketing activities across the segments. The PMM helps plan and develop the Binary Defense go-to-market strategy and implements the tactics to achieve brand awareness and lead generation results.
Candidates should be curious about information technology and cybersecurity and want to make the world a safer place for business and technology. This is an opportunity to own the product marketing function within a rapidly growing cybersecurity leader and collaborate with development teams directed by world-renowned technology disruptor David Kennedy.
- Collect, validate and communicate customer pain points, market needs and solution functionality to develop effective go-to-market strategies.
- Define Binary Defense differentiators for product/solutions based on buyer personas and market verticals and align key benefit-oriented messages, value propositions and positioning statements.
- Develop product/solution messaging that prospects, customers, and partners can easily understand regardless of technical aptitude.
- Create sales enablement programs, training materials, and presentations that clearly explain product/solution value propositions and positioning.
- With segment marketing, develop marketing collateral and other thought-leadership content (case studies, whitepapers, blogs, presentations, etc) to support Binary Defense product launches and drive awareness and lead generation efforts.
- Communicate product/solution messaging both to internal stakeholders and external customers, prospects, analysts, journalists and other market influencers via interviews, webinars, events and tradeshows.
- Lead market research activities with internal resources and external vendors in the areas of market segmentation, market sizing, and competitive analysis to support go-to-market planning.
- Understand the competitive landscape and obtain insights into customers’ buying behavior, usage of products/solutions, including win/loss analysis, user groups, NPS and sales data.
- Manage product marketing launches and other complex projects from start to finish.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Proven ability to take products and solutions from idea generation through launch
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including one-on-one and group presentations
- Strong organization and project management skills with acute attention to detail
- Self-starter – thrives in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates flexibility
- Independently manage multiple projects from concept to completion – Accountability, personal initiative, and integrity
- Ability to take ownership, set priorities, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Well-developed problem-solving, team building and interpersonal skills
- Performs other essential functions that may occur as directed
- B2B product marketing experience in one of the following areas a plus: IT, Information Security or Cyber, SaaS Software
- Experience marketing to technology channel partners
- Experience using video to explain complex topics
- Interest and ability to write both long and short form content
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field; MBA a plus
Built from the minds of the industry’s top security researchers and continuously evolving to detect next-generation threats, Binary Defense is your company’s security solution.