Last Update on May 24, 2018
Consent to Data Collection and Processing
You hereby agree with and consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Consent to International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Binary Defense or its services providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. You hereby agree with and consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where Binary Defense operates.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to Binary Defense’s collection and processing of your information, or to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where Binary Defense operates. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us at email@example.com.
Privacy Over the Internet
Security of Your Information
Binary Defense uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect your personal information under our control, although “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Online, we guard the privacy and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information with safeguards such as firewall protection. We do not currently collect any sensitive information, such as credit card numbers. This Policy will be updated to reflect any changes in our policy in this regard.
How The Online Information Binary Defense Collects Is Used
As you interact with Binary Defense, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you as further described below.
The types of information that Binary Defense collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, social security number, email address and telephone number);
- Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history);
- Information related to your creditworthiness, assets, income, or liabilities;
- Information about your connected Devices (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information);
- Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition);
- Marketing profile information;
- Incentive eligibility verification information (such as college name, branch of service, or credit union name for Binary Defense product purchase programs);
- Social Security Number (in limited circumstances Binary Defense may collect SSN, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes);
- The kind of Binary Defense product you purchased; and
- The kind of service provided to you.
To gauge the effectiveness of the Site, we do collect some non-individually-identifiable generic information about our visitors. Our web servers automatically recognize a visitor’s Internet service provider, the IP address, the domain name, the type of browser, the operating system, which pages are viewed on the Site, the web page a visitor was on when they linked to the Site, how much time is spent on each page, and other information related to the operation and interaction of the Site. This information does not reveal a visitor’s identity. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve the Site.
Identifiable Information – You can choose to provide individually-identifiable information to Binary Defense in a number of ways as described below. When visitors supply information about themselves for a specific purpose, Binary Defense uses the information for that purpose (such as to provide the information the visitor has requested or to consider a visitor for a particular job). In addition, when visitors use the Site to request information about our services, we may use the individually-identifiable information as we would use the same information obtained off-line – for example, to evaluate your service needs and contact you regarding additional services you may find useful.
Binary Defense will not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any individually identifiable information derived from the registration for or use of Binary Defense online service – including customer names and addresses – without the consent of the customer (except as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others).
Binary Defense collects, discloses, and uses your personal information: for the purpose of determining your qualifications for employment and reaching a hiring decision; to comply with any legal process, applicable laws, and/or regulations; to defend ourselves in claims under such laws; to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail; to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; for our business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our Site, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, providing products and services, maintaining customer relationships, improving the quality, safety, and security of our products and services, administering your account(s), troubleshooting, supporting electronic signature, customizing and improving communication content, evaluating product performance, providing customer support and product support, warranty administration, and determining the effectiveness of our Site; to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and when we otherwise have your consent.
Third Party Web Sites
How We Collect Personal Information about You
Most of the personal information Binary Defense collects about you is collected directly from you, such as when you (1) submit your personal information to receive product updates and marketing information, (2) contact us via the online “Contact” portal on the Site, (3) send e-mail messages or feedback, or transmit other information by e-mail, and (4) apply for a job. To elect to engage in such activities, we may ask that you provide us personal information.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around this Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information), using various technologies. We passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access this Site through a mobile Device.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, part of the Site may not work for you.
- Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits this Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering this Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your Device, such as a unique device identifier.
Binary Defense or its business partners may use email to communicate with customers or prospective customers about events or new products and services or to respond to visitor’s emails. If you receive unwanted email from us you may also remove yourself from our email list by simply following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email. We will not send commercial solicitations to customers who request it not be sent. Please note that if you do go through this process, some email messages may still come to you, although not those dealing with commercial solicitations.
Use Of Site By Minors
We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under the age of 13. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through this Site.
Compliance With Local Laws
This Policy is meant to guide Binary Defense with respect to personal information collected from or about you at this Site. While this Policy applies to personal information generally, the local laws, rules and regulations of jurisdictions that are applicable to Binary Defense (“Local Laws”) may require standards which are stricter than this Policy and, in such event, Binary Defense will comply with applicable Local Laws. Specific privacy policies may be adopted to address the specific privacy requirements of particular jurisdictions.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you specifically acknowledge and agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules, and a lower standard of required protection, than in your country.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
We may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States or any country that Binary Defense or its service providers may have operations.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to a European Commission approved contract (as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation) that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of the safeguards please contact us.
If you would like further information please contact us. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to us
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity and address
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take a few days for this to take place.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Response to Do Not Track signals
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to digital devices that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. Because not all web browsers offer DNT options and DNT signals are not yet uniform, we and many other digital service operators do not respond to DNT signals.
Binary Defense will use a self-assessment approach to verify compliance with this Policy and periodically verify that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, implemented and accessible.
If you believe that your personal information has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Policy, Binary Defense encourages you to raise any concerns using the contact information provided in this Policy. Binary Defense will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information.
Your Access to Your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. You may opt-out of our collection of your personal information at any time by contacting us as specified below. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
If applicable and you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via this Site, please contact us as specified below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law”, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information on behalf of Binary Defense, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in the response. Please be aware that not all information is covered by the “Shine the Light “ requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
Changes to the Policy
Inquiries or Questions
If you have questions or concerns about Binary Defense’s policies and practices for handling applicant personal information, or otherwise, please contact us:
By Telephone: 1 800 BINARY2 (246-2792)
By E-mail: email@example.com